HAMTORTOISE

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayne.bob

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
iowa
Looking for an alternative to the fast pace of fast food? Then bring your appetite — and a couple of hours — down to Tortoise Burger, where your meal crawls right to your table. Have it your way — eventually.

hamtortoise.jpg

-Wayne

Madortoise

5 Year Member
wayne.bob said:
Looking for an alternative to the fast pace of fast food? Then bring your appetite — and a couple of hours — down to Tortoise Burger, where your meal crawls right to your table. Have it your way — eventually.

hamtortoise.jpg

-Wayne

Oh wow great CG effect!
McTort, anyone? For you vegetarians how about RLT--Russian, lettuce and Tomato?

Gulf Coast

5 Year Member
Mississippi Gulf Coast
I'm sorry.. I just don't see the funny in this picture!!! Yea great photo shop job and I know the picture is not real, but I spend so much time dealing with people that actually EAT turtles and actually just learned about my moms old neighbors who use to eat Gopher Tortoise.. :(

Not trying to be mean and maybe its just me but I don't find the picture funny at all... Maybe I am so offended because the tort looks like my Waldo?? I don't know.. I just feel the picture is in bad taste (no pun intended)..

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm pretty closed-minded too, when it comes to making fun of eating turtles and tortoises, however, I have to admit, you've done a great photo-shop job there. It looks so natural.

Yvonne

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
I can find humor in most things! I also see your an active member who must love reptiles/torts. We all have our own sense of humor! Good jog with the photo shop, I could never do that.

Madortoise

5 Year Member
I was actually conflicted at first at the concept but chose to laugh at it especially because it made me nervous.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I just think it would make a great Halloween costume for your tort. :D

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
wayne.bob, I too usually do not see the humor in such things. However, I find the creative part of me stand in awh of your ability. What a great job you did in creating this. And by your time and postings on the forum We all know your love of torts and turtles. But what a chance you took posting it on your tortoise forum, where it could have easily been a very negative reaction. Kudos to your Artistic, Creative talents. :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I absolutely love it!! If you did it, all I can say is Wow, you did an impressive job! I am so glad you shared it with us. Made me laugh right out loud. :D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Gulf Coast said:
I'm still a firm believer in monkey see monkey do... :(

Maybe your right. I am sorry you have problems dealing with folks whom actually eat tortoises/turtles. Is this at your job? Perhaps I can see the humor in the picture, because I can step back from it or maybe because I was raised believing that some creatures are raised for food sources. I can see food animals as seperate beings from pet animals.

I am sitting here trying to think thru why I see the humor and why you don't...to fully understand both sides as it may be. I think because the tort looks active, healthy, and actually kinda happy it gives it a better feel. A shell alone would not have been for me a positive picture. So perhaps to me the tone was set as this is to be taken with a grain of salt.

I do know, I have greatly enjoyed the various comments and thoughts everybody has voiced. Makes you stop and think about how we each see and feel things differently.

jorrow

5 Year Member
Alabama
I do relize this is a old post but it kinda struck a nerve a little... That pic is hilarious... That being said in some countries torts are FOOD. Cows are ancesters in India, but we eat them here in the USA. Ok so if you eat any meat I dont really think you should be offended by another persons taste or culture and espeacialy in this case just flat out humor. I mean pets and wild animal have a very broad line between them in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.