Hatchling flipped and not acting normal

JLMDVM

Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
I have a Western Hermann’s hatchling born in August, from Garden State/ Chris. I got a total of 3, in separate enclosures. Using Christmas tree tote for enclosed chamber, coco coir under cypress mulch. Humidity ranging from 70-80%, temp from 79-95 in the heat lamp area. 65 watt incandescent bulb with a CHE for night time. Strip UVB fluorescent bulb.

One flipped near her food bowl Friday overnight. (Terra cotta plant saucer sunken into the ground.) I found her at 8 the next morning and had done my last check about midnight. No idea how long she was upside down. I checked her temp and in the area- she was about 83, and area around her 82.

I set her back in the same area and she seemed fine- I had to go to work so hubby watched her. Needless to say, he didn’t watch her. When I got home, she was near the heat light trying to climb up an area of mulch that was uneven- she was trying to go uphill. She was repeatedly opening and closing her mouth and seemed to be struggling to climb up was essentially a large pice of mulch.

I picked her up and moved her further from the light fearing she was overheating. Went to get my phone to get pics or video to post, and she stopped doing it. However she has not gotten up to eat nor has she walked around since.
Her eyes are closed, her front legs out, head is partially out, and she will retract it some. I have felt her move her back legs when I’ve picked her up to check her.

Super concerned about her, she’s been gaining or holding weight in turn with one of the three, the third just seems to be determined to get Godzilla sized. Any suggestions are welcomed. Thanks.

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Malverne, NY
I think its a "wait and see" type thing. The fact that the tort is still alive is an extremely positive sign. Keep us updated... and post pics of all.