Hatchling Leopard Tortoise help

junerivers3

Location (City and/or State)
Florida
i have a leopard tortoise baby (1-2 months old)
coming in tomorrow (wednesday) in the morning. my shipment of coco coir dirt and repti substrate got delayed till friday so i won’t be able to put the designated substrate at the bottom of his set up until then. i was wondering, in terms of keeping in humidity and heat well, if i could put a white trash bag as the bottom layer and then some tortoise substrate that i have on top? will the trash bag work okay temporarily?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
i have a leopard tortoise baby (1-2 months old)
coming in tomorrow (wednesday) in the morning. my shipment of coco coir dirt and repti substrate got delayed till friday so i won’t be able to put the designated substrate at the bottom of his set up until then. i was wondering, in terms of keeping in humidity and heat well, if i could put a white trash bag as the bottom layer and then some tortoise substrate that i have on top? will the trash bag work okay temporarily?
I would just use some dirt from the yard outside temporarily, if you can't get to Home Depot to buy some orchid bark.

Where is the baby coming from?

junerivers3

Florida
I would just use some dirt from the yard outside temporarily, if you can't get to Home Depot to buy some orchid bark.

Where is the baby coming from?
see, i had this whole enclosure set up with dirt from my yard and edible plants.. but i got a bit paranoid because i know PARTS of my yard got sprayed with weed killer 2/3 months ago so i dumped everything out and started from scratch. he’s coming from Andrew over at Arizona Tortoise Compound