Hatchling LOW TEMPS

christinaland128

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Metro Detroit
Can someone point me in the direction of a good thread on Redfoot or in general hatchling temperature requirements.

I can’t tell you how many times online I’m seeing people keep these tiny babies at 70-75 degrees and it’s incredibly frustrating.

Its to my understanding from reading several threads on the forum that hatchlings should be at at least 80°.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

✅ Mid- upper 80's F is fine "in their hide".. low 80's F is ideal ambient temperature -
there is NO "basking" area temp. difference!!!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Can someone point me in the direction of a good thread on Redfoot or in general hatchling temperature requirements.

I can’t tell you how many times online I’m seeing people keep these tiny babies at 70-75 degrees and it’s incredibly frustrating.

Its to my understanding from reading several threads on the forum that hatchlings should be at at least 80°.
Misinformation abounds out in the world. In the old days we only had books and they were all wrong, but unanimously all wrong, so there was no conflicting info. With the invention and implementation of the internet, we have access to that same old wrong info from infinite sources, but now at least, we can also find the right info with a little luck.