HAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Traveller

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ontario, Canada
FADE2BLACK_1973 said:
Wife said it smells like a zoo in our house. Mainly the living room. And I told her that of coarse and it should because I have a tortoise, 3 mean little monkeys, and a cow. Nah, I did not say cow but I was thinkin it....:p

lol Yep our tort room actually smells the same, you definitely know right away when someone has a bowel movement.If it wasn't so cold here our leopards could live with the horses since they smell almost the same.:rolleyes:
Back to the hay discussion I'm really happy that our biggest leopard eats hay all the time, since the lettuces and other fresh foods just don't seem to satisfy her anymore.

FADE2BLACK_1973

5 Year Member
Kentucky
Traveller said:
FADE2BLACK_1973 said:
Wife said it smells like a zoo in our house. Mainly the living room. And I told her that of coarse and it should because I have a tortoise, 3 mean little monkeys, and a cow. Nah, I did not say cow but I was thinkin it....:p

lol Yep our tort room actually smells the same, you definitely know right away when someone has a bowel movement.If it wasn't so cold here our leopards could live with the horses since they smell almost the same.:rolleyes:
Back to the hay discussion I'm really happy that our biggest leopard eats hay all the time, since the lettuces and other fresh foods just don't seem to satisfy her anymore.

LOL, yeah I think that was what my wife was talking about. Yeah I also agree with they needing to go outside all year round. But with extremely cold winters like mine, I can only wait for next summer or late spring since we get pretty warm to hot springs in the last 15 years here. And I also noticed that Spike has eaten more dried hay here lately. Even when he gets fresh greens and such. Nice to see him startin to eat it :)

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
I use Zupreem Timothy...when I run out of Bermuda and Alfalfa. I grind it down to powder for the youngsters and soak Aladar's and layer it into his Mazuri. Just learned recently that alfalfa is not too high in protein for tortoises and the items they eat in the wild have far more protein...more to come!

Status
Not open for further replies.