Healthy food!

philipgreece

Location (City and/or State)
Kefalonia
From today i i want to start and cut every grocery stuff so i started to give them as much as healthy!! My Danny eats all his food! Today i gave them cactus, mulberry leaves and hibiscus! I know Danny eats everything! Now I can't understand Wilma! She doesn't like mulberry so much! I cut the cactus in small slices and she didn't eat so much of it! But when i took a whole piece of cactus and i put it right in front of her she started eating without stop! I can't understand why! My real question is how much cactus can a tortoise eat and if i can feed her more often! The only way for her to eat other foods is to combine her a little bit grassland food pellets but i don't want to dehydrate her! Also i read somewhere that cactus can hydrate a tortoise!

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Cactus is a good hydration but if fed too much too often it can act as a natural laxative and cause diarrhoea, so I’d only feed a few times a week personally🙂
It sounds like Wilma took a fancy to the cactus, we all have our favourites😅don’t let it stop you from being determined in offering her other healthy food options though, they can be stubborn, but with a bit of perseverance, they should get there🥰

philipgreece

Kefalonia
Cactus is a good hydration but if fed too much too often it can act as a natural laxative and cause diarrhoea, so I’d only feed a few times a week personally🙂
It sounds like Wilma took a fancy to the cactus, we all have our favourites😅don’t let it stop you from being determined in offering her other healthy food options though, they can be stubborn, but with a bit of perseverance, they should get there🥰
Thank you so much! Wilma is stubborn sometimes! 🤣🤣 She can't accept easily the changes in food! My Danny eats everything that i offer him! In winter i will plant weeds because i collect everything from nature! Flowers most of it!