MartinM

Location (City and/or State)
UK
Hello. Noob forum member...
I’ve cared for my tortoises since I was about 5 years old. I’m now 38. They have now officially become my “pets”. Although they’ve been around a lot longer than i have. (I think that makes me the pet). They are a living heir loom. They’ve had a tough life (shell drilling, circling, toppeling) they are a part of our family. Here’s a video of the most recent generation enjoying their company.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Your daughter is way too cute.
The tortoises look great. Whatever your doing so far it's working. I am going to suggest anyway that a better diet is needed then that lettuce that is mostly water and the biscuit that is not on any tortoises diet list. If they are just treats and not part of the main diet then I guess it's working.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome! Thanks for sharing the video. I like it!!

Last edited:

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Louisiana
Awe! Hattie is adorable. My Hattie Jane turns 14 on Monday. Your torts look very loved.

MartinM

UK
That's Great. Do you have any idea how old they are ?
We don’t know for sure. My mother got the lighter shelled tortoise when she was 3. The tortoise was already fully grown so would’ve been at least 3. So, the lighter shelled one (Puffer) is at least 70. The darker shelled (Rover), we rescued and have no idea!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
We don’t know for sure. My mother got the lighter shelled tortoise when she was 3. The tortoise was already fully grown so would’ve been at least 3. So, the lighter shelled one (Puffer) is at least 70. The darker shelled (Rover), we rescued and have no idea!

They are absolutely gorgeous.....proof that they are resilient and can live through a variety of life situations and care takers.....being able to graze in the yard gives them so much nutrition that then allows you to give the yummy treats of lettuce and biscuits, sometimes you have to feed the soul as well as the body :)....oh and your daughter is adorable.....

DARKFIRE007

Birmingham Alabama
Oh you are in DEEP trouble if you think those are your pet tortoises dude....that girl will take those away from ya as soon as she's capable of caring for them haha. Gorgeous examples, front page worthy.

MartinM

UK
Thanks! And very true about Hattie, even last night she was marking her territory by drawing on their shells with pink chalk.