Helios growing up and weight gain tracker app

gtc

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Norway
I downloaded an app for Android phones called Easy Graph and have been keeping track of my greeks weight gain. 7 months ago he weighed 44 grams and today he weighs 118 grams. :) When I first got him about a year ago he was so tiny and now he is so big that I can hear him walking in his enclosure. :) The pic attached is also from today.

Attachments

• graph.jpg
    graph.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 110
  • 20131005_154941.jpg
    20131005_154941.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 131

ismail

5 Year Member
wow thats a very nice shell! what r u doing to prevent pyramiding?

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
ismail said:

Not sure how old your tort is, but at a very young age I bumb up the humidity a little bit. At a young age, torts tend to dig a lot more than adults. They do that to escape from predators and higher humidity really helps prevent pyramiding. Also, at a young age, younger tortoise are more prone to pyramiding. Young ones can handle higher humidities but once older, it can cause breathing problems. Hope this info helps.

gtc

5 Year Member
Norway
ismail said:

Thank you :) I make sure the humidity stays high. Before I used to have to cover the top of my enclosure with aluminum foil, especially during the winter time when the heating really dried up the air. Recently I bought glass doors with metal frames from Ikea to cover about 3\4ths of the top. Now it looks much better (see attachment). I keep the humidity at about 55% when the MVB + fluorecent tube are on, and about 70% at night. I dont have to spray my enclosure more than once a week. Is really simple to maintain.

My greeks shell is growing smoothly due to the good advice I got from the tortoise forum. :)

20131013_191333.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
OMG THATS YOUR ENCLOSURE! BEAUTIFUL! did you make it?

gtc

5 Year Member
Norway
Jlant85 said:
OMG THATS YOUR ENCLOSURE! BEAUTIFUL! did you make it?

Yes, from a display case and ikea glass doors. :)