Hello from Houston

Seaborne

Location (City and/or State)
Houston, TX
Hi, All--

I'm a lifelong animal lover who has always been charmed by--and interested in--tortoises, and so for my mid-century mark (fast approaching!) I'd like to finally get one.

I have an extensive background in zoology/biology, but what with one thing and another--living for 30+ years in a very cold climate, raising kids, work, etc.--I held off on my tortoise wishes. Now I live in south Texas and the kids are grown--my (very supportive!) husband and I are mostly empty-nesters, and I'm seriously thinking about a tortoise or two. I'm not in a rush (look, I waited nearly 50 years!)--I'm here to learn.

Kind regards, Robyn

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome. We love talking tortoises, so fire away with all your questions. We'll be glad to share what we know.

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
Hi and welcome from the south side of Houston. If you decide on leopard tortoises, let me know. I'll have more babies around mid July.

surfergirl

Welcome! Houston has good weather for a lot of outdoor time for tortoises! You came to the right place to get advice and also to get connected with a breeder once you decide what Tortoise you want. From the pictures I have seen Greg T has some beautiful babies.