Howdy from Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zookeeper33

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hello All,

My name is Kate and I work at the Houston Zoo. I recently bought a 3 year old Red Foot named Tessa. I built her a large enclosure in my backyard, with edible landscaping and all the Hibiscus she could ask for. I've worked with Tortoises before, but this is my first time to actually own one, so I'm sure I'll be spending plenty of time on this site! I'm looking forward to meeting you all!

Kate

IMG_0227.jpg

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Hello and welcome to TFO, glad to have you here.. Your tort is very cute.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi Kate! Welcome. I always thought it would be pretty neat to work in a zoo (instead of just living in one :D ). Do you enjoy it? If Tessa is like my Redfoots, she must be in tortoise heaven with the hibiscus.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Hi Kate,
Welcome to the forum :D Just one thing about your Redfoot. Can you take a picture of her head from down on top? It looks like she might have an ear infection on the right hand side.

Danny

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Oh I missed that, It does look swollen. Good eye Danny!

Shawn and Dianne

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Lakeland, FL
Welcome,

Nice to see a fellow zookeeper, I work at Disney's Animal Kingdom. Just curious, did you go to Santa Fe CC? That is where I fell in love with tortoises! Which animals do you work with at Houston?

Dianne

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Welcome! Gorgeous tortoise!!! More pics please! We all LOVE red-foots here!!!!!!!!!

ZippyButter

10 Year Member!
Texas/Cal.
Welcome to the Forum, I used to live there, my family is still living in Houston. My wife doesn't want to move back there yet, and she says: "Houston has the largest bugs I've ever seen!". I hope you keep your tort inside...you know what I mean,,,,,,lot of RED ANTS outside.

EriNichole

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I Kate, it's cool to "meet" another Houston area person here in the Tort forums! Tessa is a lovely lady if I do say so! So to make it all official Texas style .... HOWDY! Welcome Yall!
I love the Houston Zoo, it's been a few years since I've been by but I think it would be a nice treat for my 2yr old to see all of the cool animals. So, yeah um, how's it going with all of tha "crank call" mess over there? I heard about it on the news, Geeze some folks just have nothing better to do I guess! ;0/ HA! but you should hear the wacked out CRAZY calls I get over at JSC... the REAL KuKus come out when the Shuttle goes up! Never Fails, LOL!

~Erin

jasso2

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
howdy! im from houston too. nice to meet yall.

Status
Not open for further replies.