Hello! New here :)

Moonflower

Location (City and/or State)
Illinois
Hi everyone! I found this forum recently and just now registered, I think here is where I’m supposed to introduce myself (if not, please let me know 😅 I’m not used to being on forums in general so you’ll have to forgive my blunders).

I’m Moon, my pronouns are she/her, and I live in the Midwestern US. I don’t own any tortoises, but I’ve found that I just really adore the little guys and I’d love to learn more about them (and maybe keep one in the future).

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Welcome to the forum.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi and welcome to the forum.
It's good to research before getting a tort.
There are caresheets for most species of torts so I would advise you to read through and choose one that best suits your climate, circumstances and space, then you can have everything set up before s/he arrives.
Pet stores are happy to sell unsuitable and unsafe equipment for profit, so we can save you a lot of money and hassle if you check what you need here first.
Good luck!!

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome. I think you have just taken the next step to deciding you have to absolutely definitely have a tortoise of your own - the more you see photos of different sorts of tortoises, and read about the cute and funny things they do, and even feel the sorrow of people whose tortoise has passed away, you will know that you really need a little -hopefully lifelong - friend yourself.
Our tortoise is 21 now - we got him as a baby, and he has transformed our lives.
Angie

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Moon!