Hello There!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShellyGinny29

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
:tort: Hi everyone, my name is Katy and I currently own one tortoise, an EBT named Shelly. I've had him since I was four (I named him.) It wasn't until last year when I decided I loved turtles and my dad said we should get Shelly a friend. We went to the pet store and got little Bella the Ornate Box Turtle. She died in February of this year after I hibernated her. She wasn't supposed to be hibernated in her first year, but I didn't know that at that time. I was torn to pieces from this, but my dad said in a few months I could get another. I just passed the six-month mark from Bella's passing and I still can't believe she's gone. On Saturday (which was, ironically, the six-month mark of Bella's passing) I saw a sign for a Reptile Expo (that's how I came here) on the eighteenth of this month. My mom asked, "Do you think they'd have turtles at the Reptile Expo? Are they actually considered reptiles?" I nodded, excited. We had been searching for five months for a new tortoise, and maybe this was my chance to get Ginny (that's what I plan to name my new tortoise, after Harry Potter's girlfriend/wife)! By the way, the turtles in my signature (besides Shelly and Bella) I don't own yet. I just plan on it. I decided while watching the Olympics and Michael Phelp's official retirement I wanted to get a baby tortoise/adult tortoise and name him Phelps (nicknamed Michael, Olympic and Champ) because I love Michael Phelps and I started crying after his last race. I plan on breeding Ginny and Shelly after I get her and naming one of their babies Bella Halia, after Bella, because Halia means "In Memorium" which is on Bella's headstone.

More about me: I'm fourteen and three quarters, left-handed, I love to write, read, sing, act, listen to music and watch TV. I'm a Potterhead, Narniac, Avatar: The Last Airbender/The Legend of Korra fan (we call ourselves Avatards), Monkey (MONK), and a Disney FREAK (and I mean FREAK, I know stuff the average person doesn't. Do YOU know where the very center of Disneyland is?), I love Shane Harper, Ross Lynch, One Direction, Damian McGinty, Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, Michael Phelps, Bridgit Mendler and a Catholic. I have four pets, three dogs (Mackie, m. Golden Retriever-Border Collie, 12; Nina-Grace, f. Papillon, 7; & Cody James, m. Papillon, 1.

Get to know me better below or by PMing me! :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi and welcome! Sorry you lost Bella. So your going to the Expo and looking for that special turtle?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hello and welcome to the Forum, Katy.

ShellyGinny29

5 Year Member
USA
Jacqui said:
Hi and welcome! Sorry you lost Bella. So your going to the Expo and looking for that special turtle?

Yep. Not looking for a replacement exactly, just looking for another friend, because Bella will always be my friend :)

Status
Not open for further replies.