My fake turtles & real turtles:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShellyGinny29

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
I'm a turtle dork, so I have like five turtles. I even named them, haha. Their names are Waverly, Shelly, Toph, Ginnabella and Phelps. I'm also adding pictures of my real turtles, Shelly, Ginny and Bella.

Isabella Adriana.jpg This is my sweetie, Isabella Adriana, "Bella" for short. She was probably the sweetest turtle in the world. I miss her so much.

GinnyB.jpg Here's my baby, Ginevra Baylee, "Ginny" for short. She was only three and a half when we got her almost a month ago, but sadly she was sick when we bought her and she died September 4th. She's up with Bella now. :')

Shellyy.jpg And this is my old fart, Shelly Ambrose--but we just call him Shelly. He's like forty-sevenish and is really grouchy. That's why I called him the old fart. He's our longest-living turtle.

P091412_1739.jpg This is Phelps. I got him for my fifteenth birthday. He's cute and fun to carry around, even though I have to be careful not to drop him. I call him Phelpsy. It's what I'd name my next male turtle.

P091512_0917.jpg Here's Waverly, my three-legged turtle I got on discount at Al's Garden Center. She didn't have a name for the longest time but then I was walking to summer school and I thought, WAVERLY. Note my The Quotable Walt Disney book in the background. Official Disney Freak, I am.

P091512_0917[01].jpg This little rocky turtle is Toph, made from some sort of rock and shells. I got her in the Redwoods at a cute little gift shop. I named her Toph because Toph is a character in Avatar: The Last Airbender and she's an Earthbender, since my little turtle is made of rock, it made sense to name her Toph.

P091512_0917[02].jpg This is Shelly. Guess who he was named after? Shelly the Turtle! He's pretty legit. I've had him for the longest time.

Ginnabella<3.jpg And here's Ginnabella. I named her after Ginny and Bella. I just call her Tinker Bell, though. I got her for Easter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I gave most of my collection to my sister. I got tired of dusting it all.

laney

5 Year Member
Aberdeen, Scotland
RE: My fake turtles & real turtles:)

Haha I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this!! I can't walk past an ornament or even kids toys that are tortoises without buying them, I even make tortoises!!
I thought I was just obsessed and weird lol glad I am not alone :)

ShellyGinny29

5 Year Member
USA
Jacqui said:
That last one is soooo cute!
She's a TY ball animal thing. It's cool because when you roll her, she always lands on her feet.

laney said:
Haha I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this!! I can't walk past an ornament or even kids toys that are tortoises without buying them, I even make tortoises!!
I thought I was just obsessed and weird lol glad I am not alone :)

That's cool! How do you make them? I make fairy houses out of cardboard boxes and bottlecap necklaces :)

laney

5 Year Member
Aberdeen, Scotland

That's cool! How do you make them? I make fairy houses out of cardboard boxes and bottlecap necklaces :)

[/QUOTE]

I use oven bake clay, can't remember the name of it but it's kinda like fimo clay :)

diaboliqueturtle

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada

I'm a total turtle geek too, if it has a turtle on it, it's coming home with me! I still have my childhood's turtle stuffed animals which I've passed down to my daughters. They are now the third generation turtle nuts, my dad hooked me on them when I was 9 :) That's a nice collection you got there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.