hello

GrammyTree

Location (City and/or State)
Renick, WV
Hi
I'm new here and please forgive me because I haven't figured out how to use this yet. We have several turtles of various kinds. But mostly box turtles. We have a new hatchling that I would love some advice on. He or She is 2 weeks old. I would post pictures but I haven't figured out how yet. Give me time and I'll bore you with so many pictures.
We also have aquatic turtles. 2 common musk. 1 female eastern painted and 1 male western painted. And a two year old snapping turtle. We live in WV and would love anyone's input.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello, and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum.
Is your new hatchling a Box Turtle ?

GrammyTree

Renick, WV
Yes it is. One of our females surprised us with three eggs. So far just the one hatched, not sure if the other two will hatch or not.

GrammyTree

Renick, WV
Hello, and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum.
Is your new hatchling a Box Turtle ?
Didn't know about the reply button. Please excuse my error. Yes the new one is a box turtle. He seems very healthy and loves to eat. I am afraid of over feeding him. Any advice is welcome.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Didn't know about the reply button. Please excuse my error. Yes the new one is a box turtle. He seems very healthy and loves to eat. I am afraid of over feeding him. Any advice is welcome.
Ah, okay, i don't keep boxies, but torts and box turtles won't overeat.
They are opportunistic grazers and munch on and off throughout the day.
As long as his set up is right and he has room to exercise properly he won't get fat.
Young 'uns need to eat a lot.