essawi

5 Year Member
nope :(
i put them together
but the new one seems very healthy
she moves lot, also eats lot

ekm5015

5 Year Member
Is it a distinct difference in activity level? He could either be sick or just getting use to his new companion.

If you post some pics and add more details about living conditions that would help.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Also, did you add the same kind of tortoise, or is it a different kind?

We need more information in order to help you. Can you show us a picture of your habitat?

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
poor guy might be intimidated by the girl.. was he normal acting before she came along?
Seperate them and see if he gets back to normal. they dont need friends.. even breeders sometimes have to keep seperate until ready..

elegans

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
With so little real info I can't even guess how to give you any info. Let us know more about species, size and so on and I am sure that as a group we can help you figure out what is likely going on.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
does it count if I am intimidated by girls?

-JM

5 Year Member
I agree, they need substrate for digging as well as places to hide. Each tort needs somewhere (or two somewheres) to get away from the other.

essawi

5 Year Member
guys
the 2 tortoise like to hide under the chair as in the second pict

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
You also mentioned it was hot, how hot? How much of the day and what time of the day does this side of the building get the sun? Sorta on the same thought line here, I didn't notice a water dish. Do they have one they can go and actually sit in to soak or is that small lid like object I see in the corner of the picture where they are suppose to drink the water from?

Also what are you normally feeding them?

How long have you had the male?

essawi

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
You also mentioned it was hot, how hot? How much of the day and what time of the day does this side of the building get the sun? Sorta on the same thought line here, I didn't notice a water dish. Do they have one they can go and actually sit in to soak or is that small lid like object I see in the corner of the picture where they are suppose to drink the water from?

Also what are you normally feeding them?

How long have you had the male?
they dont have a water dish,also i heard the tortoise dont drink water, they get water from food
i frrd them 2 times per day
sometimes the temperature is about 35 c or more

TortieGal

5 Year Member
Oregon
They NEED Water, the dish should be big enough for them to climb in and soak and only come to the bottom part of the shell so them can hold they're head out easy. It needs to be easy to climb in and out of. They need some substrate to dig and walk on. It is not good for them to walk on hard tile all the time. Please check out the enclosure thread and get them set up right so they can be healthy and happy. This fourm is a great place to help you lots of great people and information here please ask questions and do some research very glad you found us.
http://tortoiseforum.org/Forum-Enclosures

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
What we are all trying to say is that your tortoises need a proper enclosure with suitable substrate, an appropriately sized water dish, some cover and some hides. Some dirt under their feet a few upside down cardboard boxes with door holes, and a few potted plants would be an improvement. Managing your temps outside like that will be a challenge too.

Status
Not open for further replies.