Help identifying tortoise

Hnnh_bot

Location (City and/or State)
East Helena
Hi everyone- I found this tortoise in my yard. Can you help me identify what species it is? from my online research I think it's a sulcata? its pretty small (8 inches long) so most likely a baby?

IMG_1993.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It is a sulcata and I'm sure someone is looking for it. They are pretty good at escaping. Post the info of a found tortoise around your area and inform local vets and pet rescues that you have a tortoise incase anyone calls looking for him. Don't give the kind it is, make whoever tries to claim him name the species.

Hnnh_bot

East Helena
It is a sulcata and I'm sure someone is looking for it. They are pretty good at escaping. Post the info of a found tortoise around your area and inform local vets and pet rescues that you have a tortoise incase anyone calls looking for him. Don't give the kind it is, make whoever tries to claim him name the species.
Thank you, I've posted it on local lost and found pages. I'll try calling around to vets, didn't think of that.

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Thank you, I've posted it on local lost and found pages. I'll try calling around to vets, didn't think of that.
Also use Craigslist & Next Door. Post some signs around your neighborhood if you have time. Your tort looks well cared for so someone is missing him. Thanks for rescuing him