Help on pacing/enclosures

I have a 2 year old red footed tortoise. I’ve done my research but apparently not on pacing. My tortoise has always paced the glass and I never was concerned about it until now because it started to get annoying. I started to also get concerned because I read that they can get very injured and kill them selves by doing this... idk if it’s true. There are many mixed reviews on glass tanks. Many people like it because it keeps in humidity very well. And a lot of people don’t like it because the tortoises can see through the glass. I have an enclosure that is wood on all 3 sides except the front that has glass and my tortoise has been pacing on the glass. Everything is normal with Strawberry (my tortoises name) He eats, sleeps, poops, pees, drinks water regularly. I’ve never seen any abnormal changes, but I wanted to know if it’s ok to keep this enclosure, because I’ve been thinking about upgrading. I’ve put up duck tape and paper to block strawberry from seeing the glass but yet he still paces. Any advice? Thanks I’m gonna need it :))

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
I have a 2 year old red footed tortoise. I’ve done my research but apparently not on pacing. My tortoise has always paced the glass and I never was concerned about it until now because it started to get annoying. I started to also get concerned because I read that they can get very injured and kill them selves by doing this... idk if it’s true. There are many mixed reviews on glass tanks. Many people like it because it keeps in humidity very well. And a lot of people don’t like it because the tortoises can see through the glass. I have an enclosure that is wood on all 3 sides except the front that has glass and my tortoise has been pacing on the glass. Everything is normal with Strawberry (my tortoises name) He eats, sleeps, poops, pees, drinks water regularly. I’ve never seen any abnormal changes, but I wanted to know if it’s ok to keep this enclosure, because I’ve been thinking about upgrading. I’ve put up duck tape and paper to block strawberry from seeing the glass but yet he still paces. Any advice? Thanks I’m gonna need it :))
How long ago did you put the duct tape on the portion of glass where he was seeing out? Because the problem could be that he remembers that there is a bigger world out there that he saw through the glass before. Also how big is his enclosure. It might just be too small.