Tortoise suddenly restless and wall rubbing!

Autiwara

Location (City and/or State)
Norway
My red foot tortoise has suddenly become very restless and keeps pressing his nose against the glass, trying to get out. I’ve never had this issue before and covering the glass didn’t help.
I have the flu at the moment and it’s just exhausting hearing him pace back and forth against the glass, I don’t want him to hurt himself

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
Welcome to the forum!

How old/large is the redfoot, and how large is the enclosure? Could we see pictures?
How long have you had this tortoise?

Get well soon!

Autiwara

Norway
Welcome to the forum!

How old/large is the redfoot, and how large is the enclosure? Could we see pictures?
How long have you had this tortoise?

Get well soon!
I’m not sure about his age because the breeder didn’t know either, but he weighs around 86g, he’s pretty young and I’ve had him for about a year now I think? His enclosure isn’t as big as it should be at the moment but he does have some pretty good space. Humidity is kept at 70-80%, temps at 25C on the cool side and about 30C on the basking side
And thank you!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Have you ever allowed him out of his enclosure to wander around on the floor? This is a mistake, because then they always want back out and they do what you are describing.

Double check that everything is the way it should be inside the enclosure - temperature, humidity, food, water - and if all is ok, I'm afraid you're just going to have to put up with it until he settles down.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
A warm welcome to the forum, @Autiwara .

Oli has been doing the same, lately.As far as your tort is concerned, it could be the fact that he place, enclosure, environment etc. are all new to him/her. Torts do not like change, therefore they need time to adapt to it.

And, wishes to get well soon! :<3: