HELP!!!!! Respiratory infection

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
I agree with @zovick, even, EVEN if it was not contagious, why would you chance it.
I would separate sick tort's.
That being said, Thomas, I'm so'oo sorry for the lost of your Tort, I've been there, and it ain't easy.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I'm so sorry you lost your little tortoise. That's a really hard loss. Are you sure though? That s/he's actually gone. I've seen posts here that says you can't always tell at first. But the tortoise farmer reminds me of the people running around among us. Even though they are sick they don't hesitate to expose others to what they have. On the other hand some people may not know yet they are sick and spreading sickness to others. So since isolation with a tortoise really isn't hard for them like it would be for us, it's best for them.🤗

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Very soft shell and gunky eys also loss of appetite and he became a lot more lazy. But he passed away yesterday morning. I asked the tortoise farmer who is an hour away from us if respiratory infection is contagious he said no so I put my little tortoise with my bigger tortoise to see what would happen cause I noticed once I sperated the little tortoises they stopped eating so I put the little one with the bigger one and was watching them and the little one was eating! But then he stopped and passed away so is respiratory infection contagious?
Do you remember when I told you that almost no one starts them correctly and you should not buy them from that source? This is why. Now you have learned this lesson the hard way. Have you learned this lesson?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Do you remember when I told you that almost no one starts them correctly and you should not buy them from that source? This is why. Now you have learned this lesson the hard way. Have you learned this lesson?

I'm convinced you're right. If you're talking about litter boxes for house bunnhas in that thread. I use Timothy hay. In other words that's not even fit for my little Razberri 🙂 if you're talking about kibble you aughtta see the slimy mess it makes when it gets moisture.😁 You'd have to almost drown them to clean them up after. So why not use something more towards a Tortoise's natural inclinations 🐢