HELP! Tortoise escaped

Laurensz

Hey guys,
I have 2 torts i live in aruba (caribbean) and I just found out that there is only one of

Laurensz

Hey guys,
I have 2 Redfoot baby tortoises about the length of your hand palm, they live outside in a habitat in Aruba. I just found out this morning that one was missing and I am really sad about it, I have searched everywhere in the habitat and I have a really big garden so it's really hard to find him. They where in their habitat yesterday, the one that was missing was searching for a new place to sleep because his hole was too tight for him. Im scared that he wouldn't survive and that we never can find him again. Do you guys have tips or tricks to find him? Btw do snakes eat baby torts? Thanks

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
If he's just a baby, and your yard is big, he's probably still out there. I suggest you make a smaller area for them until they get big enough for the whole yard. All I can suggest is just keep looking.

I doubt a snake would see a tortoise as food, unless the tortoise was very warm.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Sorry to hear this. Crawl on hands and knees and feel all around. I have a,hatchling leopard. I closed off a 2x2 foot area of a 4x4 foot pen because she is so small I keep her blocked from the whole enclosure and she still can hide from me.
So feel around good and if night fall comes before you find her, then in the morning when the sun is nice and warm feel a d look again for her. I too won!d make them a smaller area so they ate easier to find until they are much larger.

motero

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Have you found how he escaped? Show us a picture of your habitat and we can help with ideas to escape proof it.