Help with ID please!

KatieandKyle

5 Year Member
I don't believe this. I was just telling you about last year's snake so I go outside to feed the turtles and tortoises and water the garden and what do I see? A bull snake in the garden! I wonder if it's the same one from last year? I'm not worried about the turtles because they are too big but I brought the tortoises in for the night! View attachment 89710

Oh my gosh!!! What did you do?!

AZTorts

Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Oh my gosh!!! What did you do?!

After making sure it wasn't a rattler, I came in and got my camera. LOL My husband said it's good to have it there because they supposedly keep rattlesnakes away. I'm just concerned about the baby torts being outside though. It could conceivably slither it's way into the kennel and over the cinder blocks to where the tortoises stay. So I brought them inside. I'm going to do a Google search to see if bull snakes eat baby tortoises.

KatieandKyle

5 Year Member
After making sure it wasn't a rattler, I came in and got my camera. LOL My husband said it's good to have it there because they supposedly keep rattlesnakes away. I'm just concerned about the baby torts being outside though. It could conceivably slither it's way into the kennel and over the cinder blocks to where the tortoises stay. So I brought them inside. I'm going to do a Google search to see if bull snakes eat baby tortoises.

That would be good to know, let me know what you find out!

AZTorts

Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
I couldn't find anything definitive about it so I asked on here. Somebody said they would be okay left in their outside habitat during the day because snakes hunt in the early morning and early evening and they could possibly try to eat the baby tortoises. So I'll make sure I bring them in in the late afternoon. They seem to like it much better outside. They're much more active out there and more interested in eating too.