HELP WITH TABLE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

munchkin2983

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
st helens
Hi my hubby is making my baby austin a new table as he lives in a viv when we got him from the pet shop (who seems to know nothing as everything they told me is wrong0 my hubby is making the table out of the followling:-

*bitchumen based polyester on felt
he has put this on the wood as he is a roofer and was trying to make it water proof but im worried as i dont think this is safe as my baby will have his soil ontop but im worried incase it does somethig to him.

he has blow torched it on.

please can you advise as i dont thik its safe.
thans xxxxxxxxxxxxx

dhinze

5 Year Member
I know some of that stuff almost seems like a tar when it is melted to bond to a roof or other surface, and from time I spent on a roof I know that it lets off some gases when heated up so not sure but I would guess that it might be hazardous. Lining the inside of the enclosure with thick plastic sheeting or even a pond liner would be safer than anything that goes on a roof.

munchkin2983 said:
Hi my hubby is making my baby austin a new table as he lives in a viv when we got him from the pet shop (who seems to know nothing as everything they told me is wrong0 my hubby is making the table out of the followling:-

*bitchumen based polyester on felt
he has put this on the wood as he is a roofer and was trying to make it water proof but im worried as i dont think this is safe as my baby will have his soil ontop but im worried incase it does somethig to him.

he has blow torched it on.

please can you advise as i dont thik its safe.
thans xxxxxxxxxxxxx

munchkin2983

5 Year Member
st helens
Thank you i said the same.
would you line with anthing? all the ones i ve seen you can buy are not lined xx

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
I don't know anything about that specific product.
However, if it dries hard with no odor (or if the odor completely dissipates in a few days) and it is water proof, then it will be fine!

munchkin2983

5 Year Member
st helens
lynnedit said:
I don't know anything about that specific product.
However, if it dries hard with no odor (or if the odor completely dissipates in a few days) and it is water proof, then it will be fine!

Thank you very much hun.:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.