Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Puddle

5 Year Member
What temperature should my vavarium actually be at as I'm told many different temps? I currently have mine set to 26c in the day and 20c at night is this right? I have a 60 watt bulb and uv strip light is this enough? I'm a little worried so will be greatful for some help thanks

slowpoke

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
colorado springs, colorado
you want it at 35c on one side then on the other side you want it cooler 21c at night you want around 18c to 21c in the whole habitat ..... do you have a picture of your set up ?

bubbles01

5 Year Member
Corfu, Greece
Hi and welcome to TFO!

I don't have an indoor set up but there are lots of owners of Russians on here so someone will no doubt be along to help soon.

They will probably ask for pictures and also what substrate and plants etc you have going, what you do about humidity etc so if you want to put that info up in the meantime it may help!!

Glad to have you here, this is the best place for advice and good tortoise care.

Helen x

Ha! See - mine and Slowpoke's posts crossed....... x

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Slowpoke is right, you want a nice warm basking area 35C give or take a few C's and a cooler side (the other end) of around 20C. Sort of a temperature gradient so the can pick their spot. Unless your house gets below 15C, you don't need night heat, just a couple of hides for them to burrow in.
They like to bask and warm up in the morning before they eat.
This applies to Russians(Horsfields), of course.

Crazy Puddle

5 Year Member
This is my puddle's home! 😃

Attachments

• image-3906042300.png
    image-3906042300.png
    133.9 KB · Views: 1
Status
Not open for further replies.