Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CourtneyG

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Auburn, Alabama
My mum rescued a terrapin who was on the road. The brother or sister was unfortunately run over. She has yet to come him with the fella, but we suspect the poor guy was stuck there baking. Will this quick setup be fine until we release him or her into our pond? I have
Freezes dried krill and tuba flex worms floating around and the plants are amazon swords and I think some water lily type plant and a pine tree branch floating in there. The tank is a 10gal and I used water from my fresh water aquarium whose ph is 6.5-6.7 normally. I have no small light to clasp on unfortunately, but this is a temp tank until we can release him or her back into the wild. If I am correct it is a baby terrapin.
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1365551231.258568.jpg

Water temp should be 76-78F

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I'm not sure a pine log is good for being in aquariums for fish or turts. It sounds like a suitable temp set up. However, that depends on the size of it. Also, is there a reason he can't just be let loose in the area he was found, but away from the road? That would really be the best for him.

CourtneyG

5 Year Member
Auburn, Alabama
Never mind the terrapin got away. My mum and friends were out running and they put him in a cup with water to retrieve on their way back, and he escaped and could not be found.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
CourtneyG said:
Never mind the terrapin got away. My mum and friends were out running and they put him in a cup with water to retrieve on their way back, and he escaped and could not be found.

That's kinda funny. Probably best for him anyway. As long as he stays out of the road.

CourtneyG

5 Year Member
Auburn, Alabama
Yep, it depends on where they picked him up because there is a lake over where they are running so hopefully he makes it to the lake and lives a long life.

Mum says they were dumped there so they were pet ones and the living one had a white shell.

Status
Not open for further replies.