- Mar 29, 2016
Bro it seems you are from Telugu speaking state. Aren't you?Thanks to many kind and generous people, I learnt a lot from various posts on this forum and others. As a new owner, I often read many sites that had conflicting information and it was confusing to me at first. Also, some information is not readily applicable to conditions in India. I have owned the stars for about 9 days now. I prepared the attached spreadsheet which should be helpful for new owners. This is my attempt to give something back. I welcome suggestions to improve the content.
Is carrot good for health ???..my star tortoise is of 2.5 inch..it's eating only carrot ...I tried giving the diet list too...but walks away ...is it ok if I give it for sometime until it eats other food or should I completely stop carrot ?...
Similar problem mine is facing, he's also sleeping all dayhi there.. I owned young star (8cm) for a month now (I live in Indonesia) . here are some issues I found so far :
- for last couple of days he looks lost of appetite, but I found last sunday he eat the hibiscus flower greedily when I took him on the grass field with a very bright sun light. so I assumed he lost of appetite because he didn't get sun light for 2 days (rainy season here)
- when I put him on his indoor enclosure, he will look lost of appetite. I maintained his temperature with intense basking light (non UVB).
- I think I haven't saw him poop for 2 days now. is that okay?
- I found his nasal discharge (bubble nose) once yesterday. is that from lack of daily sunlight?
- I haven't check the humid level on his enclosure (the hygrometer still on shipping). is the humid level can cause the bubble nose?
thanks for any comments