Herbal tortoise hay.

rearlpettway

I keep trying to add it to my torotises diet, but they just are not interested. I personally like the idea, so I keep trying. One day I will win:D. Well maybe:rolleyes:
Mix in some chopped spring mix with the herbal tortoise hay.
It works very well.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Mix in some chopped spring mix with the herbal tortoise hay.
It works very well.
Tried it even mazuri. I have very picky leopards. The one I ha e had the longest is 4 1/2 and this is the first year he has actually grazed on a daily bases that I don't have to supplement as much. I will try all methods again though. I am determined to make it work.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
My tortoises love it too. My russians pick up all the crumbs and seek it out, but all my tortoises eat it.

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
My Russians like it, but my Leopards are cranky when I put it in their food. I do anyway. I mix it with grassland tortoise food a lot.

Prairie Mom

We mix this herbal tortoise hay with St.Augustine hay, Bermuda hay, Dallis hay, Timothy hay and orchid hay. Kendall loves it.
http://www.tortoisesupply.com/HerbalHay
Does your tortoise like to eat this dry or rehydrated?

Also, it drives me loopy that they refuse to list ingredients on the website. Are the contents at least listed on the package? If so, could you please tell me what's in it?

Prairie Mom

My tortoises love it too. My russians pick up all the crumbs and seek it out, but all my tortoises eat it.
Do your tortoises like it dry? Do they want this by itself? I assume your mixing it with other foods?

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
My Leopards like it. I put it on almost everything they eat. I got them to start eating it by sprinkling it on their favorite foods like endive, escarole and occasional radicchio. They get only a tiny bit of those foods most days, but since I knew they would gobble it down I sprinkled it on and it didn't slow them down one bit. After that I started mixing in some of the lettuce with their regular food and just kept sprinkling and now they like it. Even when there is no lettuce in their food I still sprinkle it on their weeds and they eat it.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Does your tortoise like to eat this dry or rehydrated?

Also, it drives me loopy that they refuse to list ingredients on the website. Are the contents at least listed on the package? If so, could you please tell me what's in it?

I don't believe they are listed. Would you like me to send you some so you can give it a try?