Here's my Red Foot's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

abclements

5 Year Member
Hey everybody!

I just got a new phone that can share these pics here so here's my set up.

So currently, I have roughly a 4'X2' enclosure. I made it out of a 55g long aquarium that I tipped on it's side and rewalled it. So here's the enclosure as a whole. Tank full.jpg The cling wrap around the PVC does a great job at keeping the humidity up but not a whole lot of heat. So I'm trying to find a good way to trap heat without having to go out an buy plexi. But of course I still want to be able to see in...

Anyways,

I have a couple fake plants in there that Franklin, my Red Foot, loves to burrow under and hide, especially the one under the heat lamp. I also have a couple dirt covered hides that he can walk on top of or climb into and he pretty much seems to like every single one I've put in there. So here's a couple more pictures of the enclosure.Dry Side.jpgWet Side.jpg

And of course my make-shift waterfall :) It keeps the humidity up and adds some nice tropical sound to my ever so dull sounding room lolWaterfall.jpg

What do ya think??

Last edited by a moderator:

Rover15

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ontario canada
I've used tin foil or aluminum foild on the back and sides reflects heat and keeps it in. Just use the wrap where you look into. I like the water fall idea my wife is looking for one for her mountain horned dragon. I never thought to put on in my yellow foots set up I like it. Also what are the hides made out of I may use it :D

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
Very nicely done, and the humidity-containing contraption is creative, but why not plexi-glass? The price for it is not at all unreasonable, and it is easily cut....

abclements

5 Year Member
RedfootsRule said:
Very nicely done, and the humidity-containing contraption is creative, but why not plexi-glass? The price for it is not at all unreasonable, and it is easily cut....

I want to do plexi but but im only using this for a while longer until i find a suitable entertainment center that im gonna put him in... so i dont want to waste money on plexi until i have a more permanent enclosure...

abclements

5 Year Member
RedfootsRule said:
May I ask what a suitable entertainment center is? Or do you mean containment?

I meant for containment. Ive been looking for one of those tv entertainment centers that is like 6 feet by 5 feet. Then little franklin will have tons of growing room!

Rover15 said:
I've used tin foil or aluminum foild on the back and sides reflects heat and keeps it in. Just use the wrap where you look into. I like the water fall idea my wife is looking for one for her mountain horned dragon. I never thought to put on in my yellow foots set up I like it. Also what are the hides made out of I may use it :D

Tin foil might work well! Thabks for the idea! For the hides i bought some plastic coated chicken wire, cut and bent it to the shape i wanted, covered it in burlap and then just covered it in the coco coir... pretty simple and keeps it nice and humid and then i run a heat rope under 2 out of 3 of the huts so he can choose between warm and humid or cooler and less humid. He tends to use the one facing the heat lamp with the rope running under it but he wanders for one to another all day lol

Sezdawg

5 Year Member
This is probably the most amazing enclosure I've ever seen in my life! That waterfall is so cool!!! What a great idea! I want to do that for mine!

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
I am amazed at how wonderful this os! You did a fantastic job!!!

Thank you for sharing all of the pictures and ideas!!!
:) :) :)

abclements

5 Year Member
Thanks guys! Glad i can finally start helping others out a little! Only God knows how much help the forum has been to me! Glad i can give a little back

Status
Not open for further replies.