Hermann eggs 70 days. Please help.

NovaLove

Location (City and/or State)
Uppsala, Sweden
Hi. My hermann laid this egg 70 days ago and I have been incubating it at 29degrees since. I have been candling it a few times mostly letting it be. It seems to be 60% dark at the bottom. I have seen something resembling embryo/veins. I am worried about this white patch who has gotten another white ring around it and I am afraid Something is wrong. Take a look at these pics and tell me what u think. IMG_20210812_123001.jpgIMG_20210812_123026.jpgIMG_20210812_123044.jpgIMG_20210812_122954.jpg

zovick

10 Year Member!
Hi. My hermann laid this egg 70 days ago and I have been incubating it at 29degrees since. I have been candling it a few times mostly letting it be. It seems to be 60% dark at the bottom. I have seen something resembling embryo/veins. I am worried about this white patch who has gotten another white ring around it and I am afraid Something is wrong. Take a look at these pics and tell me what u think. View attachment 330831View attachment 330832View attachment 330833View attachment 330830
The egg appears to have stopped developing and gone bad from what I can see. However, I would continue incubating it for another 40 days or so just in case I am wrong.

It may have been too dry. Is there any source of moisture in that container or the incubator you are using?

NovaLove

Location (City and/or State)
Uppsala, Sweden
The egg appears to have stopped developing and gone bad from what I can see. However, I would continue incubating it for another 40 days or so just in case I am wrong.

It may have been too dry. Is there any source of moisture in that container or the incubator you are using?
Thank you so much for your response, I truly appreciate it. I don't know the exact % of humidity in the incubator. There is kind of a ''plate'' in the bottom of it where you are supposed to pour water in some ridges, and I was told they should be filled always(they are quite shallow so not that much water fits there).
When I went on holiday for 5 days I did not ''water'' the incubator every day since I was not home. I do remember noticing the egg looking different when I got home, and maybe it is because it got too dry that period of time.
Now I am adding extra water and I even sprayed the eggs a tiny bit. The one I have posted here is the oldest and there are som newer ones earlier in their development, I hope they will be okay as well.
I will be extra precise with the humidity and wait for another 40 days and hope for the best.

I think I got confused, reading somewhere that hermanns shouldnt have as much moisture in the incubator as other spieces..... So I was not religously watering the incubator before.

Again, thank you so much!