Hermann owners!

Dbrocato2

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Taunton, MA
Please post a pic of your hermann tort along with age and weight! I would love to see them

Dbrocato2

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Taunton, MA
Going to be so hard to stop using he/him pronouns for Turtwig once he/she is old enough to properly gender ?? I’m drawn to them I’m not sure why
I call my Miles a boy and even if he is female I will likely continue. It’s hard to call an animal one gender for the first 4-5 years only to find out it’s not what you thought

OkAdiza

Tortoise Club
Virginia
Hello! This is Otsokrikri (O-cho-Kree-Kree). I have had him almost a year and a half, although I'm not sure how old he really is. He weighed 387g earlier this week. He's definitely a he...he let me know?.

Attachments

• IMG_2815.JPG
    IMG_2815.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 57

zolasmum

5 Year Member
This is Zola -he will be 21 on 8th of July. We have had him since he was 1 year old. When we got him there was a tiny split in his shell, above his head - we were told that he had been trodden on when his shell was still soft - he also had some health problems which probably started at the same time - anyway, over the years, he became very healthy and strong, but the split became longer , as you can see.His shell pattern has changed a lot, too - we think he is lovely, but he doesnt look like a baby Hermanns any more. I don't know if this usually happens.The photo is from last Easter.
Angie
01a_sm.jpg

Herman_WA

Washington
This is Zola -he will be 21 on 8th of July. We have had him since he was 1 year old. When we got him there was a tiny split in his shell, above his head - we were told that he had been trodden on when his shell was still soft - he also had some health problems which probably started at the same time - anyway, over the years, he became very healthy and strong, but the split became longer , as you can see.His shell pattern has changed a lot, too - we think he is lovely, but he doesnt look like a baby Hermanns any more. I don't know if this usually happens.The photo is from last Easter.
Angie
View attachment 318009
He is so sweet! Very interesting shell for a herman? I like it!

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
Angie
View attachment 318009
Zola is beautiful! I‘m glad he made it to you as he’s clearly been taken care of really well. Thank you for sharing his story.