herro from los angeles

tsaiduk

Location (City and/or State)
DTLA
Haaaaaalo Errrrbody!
You can call me tsaiduk (psyduck) I want to get into tortoises. I am thinking of getting maybe a Russian tortoise? Are there any breeders around Los Angeles? And how well do they deal with noise and temp? Because AC is always on and theres constant noise. Dimensions of habitat? Please keep in mind I have ADHD and I can't read a super long thread. Maybe if someone can break it down, or if there is a bullet-style thing I can read. Thank you guys! Looking forward to hear from you!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Bear in mind that whatever kind of tortoise you end up getting, they all need to be outside. Tortoises are wild animals and don't really do well in a small indoor habitat. It can be done, but its hard on the animal.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and welcome to the forum. Browsing through the forum you will find lots useful information. Happy reading.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Salutations.
Tortoises don't do well in a room with A/C. an outdoor enclosure would be best, nice avatar BTW.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the TFO from AZ . Torts are wild they don't like noise or cold .

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Pokemon fan? ;)

There are lots of places to get a Russian tortoise in Los Angeles.
Learn about:
-how to care for them
-what to set up in their enclosure/environment
-good foods to feed
-temperatures needed

As you learn about these things, you'll get an idea of what it takes to keep one as a pet. Hopefully, you'll find yourself up to the challenge :)