Hey from Jasper, Indiana

AutumnIrene

image.jpg Hi, my name is autumn and that is my middle child Kali, she is my tortoise lover. We have 2 sulcata tortoises, Mikey and Ralph (my son LOVES TNMT) I bought them from a lady that did an impulse buy and once she realized what she had gotten her self into she sold them. Sooo, I am not sure how old they are or where they came from or their conditions before me...I have had them for 2 years and still learning, all help and advice is so appreciated!!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
View attachment 146686 Hi, my name is autumn and that is my middle child Kali, she is my tortoise lover. We have 2 sulcata tortoises, Mikey and Ralph (my son LOVES TNMT) I bought them from a lady that did an impulse buy and once she realized what she had gotten her self into she sold them. Sooo, I am not sure how old they are or where they came from or their conditions before me...I have had them for 2 years and still learning, all help and advice is so appreciated!!

Hello, welcome to you and your adorable daughter and cute tortoise....is that their outdoor time enclosure?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Autumn, and welcome to the Forum!

I had three kids and all of them smiled like that. It must be a kid thing. She's very cute!

While I applaud your use of the wet environment (that's what they need when they're babies), I worry about the sand. You can see that it's getting stuck on the food. Sand impaction is a very real and hazardous thing.

We have some good sulcata threads pinned at the top of our sulcata section. You will get ideas of what kinds of substrate you should be using.

AutumnIrene

Hi Autumn, and welcome to the Forum!

I had three kids and all of them smiled like that. It must be a kid thing. She's very cute!

While I applaud your use of the wet environment (that's what they need when they're babies), I worry about the sand. You can see that it's getting stuck on the food. Sand impaction is a very real and hazardous thing.

We have some good sulcata threads pinned at the top of our sulcata section. You will get ideas of what kinds of substrate you should be using.
yes, I've noticed that the sand was bad advice from a local pet store...I need to figure out a change ASAP

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
A very warm welcome to the forum!

That is a cute tort, plus a sweet child - GOD bless.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi! Welcome. Never heard of a landscaping hoop.