Hey there I’m looking for some advice

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Thanks Angie, i'll definately try this.
Maybe it would be worth going to your local greengrocer and asking who their supplier is, and ringing the supplier up direct - if you tell them it's for a tortoise, they might be extra helpful, and deliver some specially for you. I think that's how we did it, originally!
Angie

Karen(pebbles)

Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Bristol Uk
Thanks Angie, I've contacted my brother who I remembered works at the fruit and veg market here in Bristol, I myself work for Fyffes but our department is mainly fruit lol

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Thanks Angie, I've contacted my brother who I remembered works at the fruit and veg market here in Bristol, I myself work for Fyffes but our department is mainly fruit lol
That's great - he should be able to sort something out. We are really glad to have found a good way to get ours - and Zola has been to the shop with us to thank them !! - I don't like the stuff myself, and nor does my husband, but Zola always gets it out of his food mix to eat first.
Angie

Karen(pebbles)

Platinum Tortoise Club
Bristol Uk
That's great - he should be able to sort something out. We are really glad to have found a good way to get ours - and Zola has been to the shop with us to thank them !! - I don't like the stuff myself, and nor does my husband, but Zola always gets it out of his food mix to eat first.
Angie

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 8

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Hello - I live in Devon, and like you, I couldn't find radicchio, except the little bits in mixed salad. However, I was finally able to get them from a greengrocers shop in Barnstaple (25 miles away), if I order it in advance. I get 3 heads of it at once, and it keeps for several weeks on the fridge - the people in the shop didn't know what it was called at first, and I had to take some in to show them - oh yes, red lettuce, they said - actually it is related to chicory ! So if you ask around, I think you should find somewhere you can get it. It costs about £1.50 for one head
and Zola would eat the lot at once if he could.
Angie
View attachment 331923
I have noticed over the years that even box turtles love radicchio and tortoises really like it...

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Came home to find these on my doorstep! How’s that for service lol
Oh, that's fantastic ! Lucky little Pebbles ! I'm sure he will enjoy them. It's so useful, too, to have something they really love - if Zola refused to eat his radicchio, I would know there was definitely something wrong with him. Never happened yet !!
I am very glad to have helped.
Angie (and Zola,who is eating some as I type this)

Karen(pebbles)

Platinum Tortoise Club
Bristol Uk
can't believe i didn't think of it before lol, now i've got to figure out how to get a regular supply :)

Dcatalano

Colorado
Thank you where do you buy it from?!
You can get fir bark for reptiles on Amazon. I have found the pieces to be more uniform and it’s less dusty than other products.
Bolt will be so happy with the new substrate. :)

Attachments

• 0F09D58C-D5B4-415A-B68E-694A8F99171C.jpeg
    0F09D58C-D5B4-415A-B68E-694A8F99171C.jpeg
    143.1 KB · Views: 2