Hey Tortoise Forum

DanielAZ

Location (City and/or State)
Planet Earth
Hey my name is Daniel and I got a desert sulcata.
her enclosure is 82,4 F on the cool side and 91,4 F on the warm side
under the heating lamp and the UV tube its 96,8 F.
Night temperature is 78.3 F
I think all this is too cold right?
Shes currently living with 90 % humidity
And shes 1 and a half year old
Should I raise the temperature ?

Reptilony

QC, CAN
Doesn’t look too bad. Maybe raise basking and night temps a bit.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Daniel and welcome to the Forum!

It makes it a little difficult for us to give you good info on your tortoise when you have such a general location shown. Instructions for keeping sulcatas in Pittsburg, Pennsylvania are quite different from instructions we may give if you're in Saudi Arabia.

First of all, though, Sulcatas are not desert sulcatas. When the babies hatch out during the monsoon season in Africa, their world is filled with moisture, humidity, warmth and lots and lots of greenery. I keep my enclosure 80-85F all over the whole enclosure and I don't allow a drop at night.

DanielAZ

Planet Earth
Hi Daniel and welcome to the Forum!

It makes it a little difficult for us to give you good info on your tortoise when you have such a general location shown. Instructions for keeping sulcatas in Pittsburg, Pennsylvania are quite different from instructions we may give if you're in Saudi Arabia.

First of all, though, Sulcatas are not desert sulcatas. When the babies hatch out during the monsoon season in Africa, their world is filled with moisture, humidity, warmth and lots and lots of greenery. I keep my enclosure 80-85F all over the whole enclosure and I don't allow a drop at night.
Glendale, AZ [emoji16]