Humid Box... sleep box... do something different?

Location (City and/or State)
Fresno, CA
well... Mr. Charlie doesn't seem to like his little 'hide/humid' box....... something someone can suggest that he might take to better? or just leave him alone since he likes where he sleeps? :)
he just finished taking laps around his enclosure and now was a perfect time to take a pic where he likes to go to nap and sleep for the night. (its that little lump in the right corner... haha)....
I have not seen him even attempt to go in the box to inspect... just walks right by it... no interest. His enclosure maintains about 87-90%humidity and the "cool side" is constant at 80deg F and under his 'basking' light is 98deg F and his "sleep spot" (upper right corner) is 90deg F.

Attachments

• encl1.JPG
    encl1.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 35
  • encl2.JPG
    encl2.JPG
    215.9 KB · Views: 36

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
I think they naturally head for corners. It makes them feel safe. I wonder if the inside of the hide is too dark for him to see that it safe. What you could do is put the hide over him while he sleeps. Then he might become used to it and head towards it next time.

Fresno, CA
well poo.... if I move his "hide" to the corner spot he made... then it blocks the basking area...... darn you Charlie :)... hahaha
and yeah... it is dark inside... I figured he would like it dark and go inspect, as he is pretty darn nosey :).... or maybe he just doesn't like blue.. hahaha....