Status
Not open for further replies.

LitlbitRanch

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Az
Hi Everyone.
I have been a lurker for a few years - lol
I am a Work At Home Mom with three little ones and we have had a Sully that was taken from us a few years ago. :(
Still searching for her but tomorrow we will be getting a new addition to our family.
Her name is Shellee and she is 4 years old.
I will post photos after she comes home. Just wanted to sign in - Finally - And say hello!
-KimberlyAnn

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Welcome to the forum KimberlyAnn :)

Danny

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi KimberlyAnn:

651171i085p8my3i.gif

to the forum!

Sorry to hear about your previous sulcata. Arizona is a great place to raise a desert-type tortoise. Is Shellee a sulcata too?

Yvonne

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Welcome KimberlyAnn

Sorry to hear about the loss of Sully

I am in Phoenix Arizona so lemme know if I can be of assistance.

Take care and welcome!

~Norman

LitlbitRanch

5 Year Member
Az
Hi Yvonne, Thanks for the welcome! We have been been sad missinlg our family friend but so excited now for our new addition
Yes - Shellee is a 4 yr old Sulcata

Norman,
Thanks a lot. I am in New River on 5 acres just trying to find the perfect spot in the yard for Shellee & what wild seeds to sprinkle before the rain starts. Any suggestions?

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Welcome to the forum KimberlyAnn. We'll be looking forward to the pictures of your new little one. :)

LitlbitRanch

5 Year Member
Az
Shellee is here!!
Her mom was so sweet. Brought over her books and all her printouts from the internet, also brought over a framed adoption certificate and a lot of treats for Shellee.
Poor mom, I know she was sad to let her go but she just did not have enough space and time for her. She had her since she was a little baby.
I will weigh her tomorrow.
I started a photobucket album for her if you want to see at http://s101.photobucket.com/albums/m77/LitlbitRanch/Shellee/
wish us luck :)

M

Maggie Cummings

Hi, welcome to the forum. She's not terribly pyramided so new healthy growth over the next few years will make that pyramiding look less. It looks like she could use her beak dremmeled but I couldn't get a real good look...and I'm thinkin that she is a he...

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
First formally wlecome! :) So why did you wait so long to join rather then just read? Sounds like the woman who had her before really cared about her with bringing you her history and stuff. Congrats on getting her by the way. :D

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
KimberlyAnn welcome to the forum and on your new arrival. I'm sure she/he will settle in to your family in no time. Congratulations. :)

LitlbitRanch

5 Year Member
Az
Hi,
Well Shellee is doing well. I lowered the top of her cave and made it a little longer. She is very friendly. She had a visitor this am in her area. a 5 ft snake. They didnt mess with each other. I think the snake was just looking for some shade. :)
She has left a few "presents" and so she is eating well. The area where she is in grows a nice green as soon as the rain starts for now she is getting timothy and a few snacks. I will get a few other things later this week.
She has a complete flat belly and a little tail as compaired to Rupert (missing Sully). She is only 4 though. Need to ask her mom though if she is 4 now and will be 5 or actually will be 4. I will take measurements and weight tomorrow to start a journal.

more tomorrow :)

Status
Not open for further replies.