Hi all, newbie here! :-)

SassiPaws

Location (City and/or State)
Missouri
The Mazuri is good. I use it as I have so many turtles to feed and can buy the big 25 lb bags. A good koi pellet is also a great food and well balanced for most aquatic turtles. It contains both the protein and the vegetable matter - so great for a turtle food.

The curling of the shell is caused by excessive IRA in the basking area. The same thing that can contribute to pyramiding in tortoises. Looking back at your post I get the feeling you are using a Mercury Vapor basking bulb? If so, that could be the issue. I like to use a low wattage incandescent bulb for basking along side a small tube fluorescent for UVB. The UVB should extend over the basking area AND a portion of the water where there is some plants to hang in. A good amount of turtle

@Markw84 .... Great info and advice. As always.
I've already learned more than i thought i knew. You've all been helpful. I found and ordered a Zoo Med Reptisun 10.0 bulb for uvb/uva.
And he will eat Koi ppellets. Now we'll see how things progress

SassiPaws

Missouri
I don't know much about water turtles, so I will tag some more experienced members @Markw84 @Yvonne G @mark1 @EppsDynasty
I wanted to thank you for tagging some folks for me, that helped so much. Would you mind sharing this with them? I'll need to learn how to tag people myself. I tried and failed. Everyone has been given great advice. I've fixed Nugget's tank and have proper lighting now. Nugget's also eating pellets. I'm waiting for the Mazuri to arrive.
Would you like to see Nugget in a few months when hopefully he/she is bigger and colors more vibrant?20240615_132916.jpg 20240615_132949.jpg

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Sure, keep us updated!

To tag someone - put @ and then start typing the name of user. In a few seconds a list of matching usernames will appear, type a few more symbols to narrow the suggestions, then select a user from the list.

All the best to Nugget!

SassiPaws

Missouri
Sure, keep us updated!

To tag someone - put @ and then start typing the name of user. In a few seconds a list of matching usernames will appear, type a few more symbols to narrow the suggestions, then select a user from the list.

All the best to Nugget!
Ahhh thanks Alex and the Redfoot! I don't think I would have thought of that :)
And thanks for the well wishes to Nugget!