Hi Fellow Tort Lovers!

Daphnevelma

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Central California
Good Day!
I am not necessarily new to the tortoise forum but it has been a while so I thought it best to re-introduce! My name is Dana. I live in Central California. I am the human to 4 lovely little Russian tortoises. Velma, Daphne, Fred, and Bacon. I already had Daphne. Then a friend contacted me and said her rescue group had two "turtles" from a hoarding situation that had been living in a ten gallon aquarium. Guess what? They were Russians! So, of course I gave them a loving home. That was about 6 years ago and they have been living the good life since. Then another friend gave me Bacon. Fred did his best each Spring to mate with the ladies but apparently couldn't get the job done. This Spring, Bacon got the job done. We now have one hatchling and two other eggs that appear to be fertile. So, I've been reading all about incubation and hatchlings as this is new stuff to me. I am thankful for all of the good info I can get from the forum.

Daphnevelma

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Central California
Thank you for all the welcomes! I know I will be seeking lots of advice. I'm a confident handler for adult torts but this baby thing is another story.