Hi from kent UK

slowtone

Location (City and/or State)
kent, uk
Just joined and own 2 tortoises "OLLY AND FRED" and have done for the past 28 yrs.
The lager one "OLLY" use to belond to my grand mother until she became unwell and unable to look after him,
The smaller one "FRED" has a bit of a sad story, someone I used to work with ask me if I would adopt him because his parents were emigrating, but for years he was left to fend for himself in the garden as in not being fed having to hibernate under a shed in winter etc, so when I took him in life beacame better for him and he also has a friend with "OLLY" and they get on fine but always up to mischief.

Picture 043.jpg

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome. Good to have you here.

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
Welcome. The larger tortoise is without a doubt a Testudo graeca ibera. I need better photos (top and bottom) of the smaller one to determine.

slowtone

kent, uk
Thanks for all your replys I have no idea what species the are as there seems to be so many all I know they are both boys,
Here is another picture of the smaller one maybe Chris could Identify.
Picture 056.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Can you show us the bottom shell? Lay him on his back and take a picture that way?

(You're lucky that they get along. It generally works opposite with two males)

slowtone

kent, uk
They do have their disagreements and scuffles but most of the time they are walking round the garden together and sleeping close to one and other.
Picture.jpg

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
Based on these shots I do believe he is a T. graeca ibera as well but due to his older age, much of his typical coloration has changed.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Thank you Chris. I really do appreciate that you are so willing to help with these identifications!

We have one of Chris's care sheets for Greek tortoises at the top of the Greek section. Be sure to check it out, and to visit his web site.

puffy137

Love your torts Slow, sometimes tortoises seem to thrive on benign neglect .:D