Hi New Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo's Mom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Kansas
Hey, I just joined. Like literally, I joined at 12:34. I live in Kansas with my little red footed tortoise named Mojo. I think its a male. I'll have to figure out to post pictures to have you guys help me figure that out. ;)

Um, I joined because I just have that feeling that I'm doing something wrong and I want the best for my tort. Here's what I have/do:

• I have a heating light and another light for well light, I turn it off at night
  • I feed lettuce and some brocolli, sometimes some carrots (I know I need more variety and some stuff with better nutrionion, blah, blah, but I've heard that you need to sprinkle stuff on food once a month, once a week, so confusing! So any suggestions on diet, anything, appreciated!)
  • My set up is the one that was recommended when we got him. (Sorry can't remember gallons of the top of my head) He has a hiding spot and two plastic plants
  • I try to take him outside at least for an hour every day or so. He goes crazy.
  • I give him lots of love. But I don't hold him too much because I've heard it give 'em stress.

That's all I can think of right now. If I think of anything else I'll post it.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and WELCOME. A pic would be nice. Also the type of lighting, substrate, temps, basking, cool end, all over temps and night time temps. size of enclosure, age and size of Mojo, times a week you soak, would help us tweak things for you if needed. You are right about the food, more variety is needed.

Mojo's Mom

5 Year Member
Kansas
Lighting: 100 watt red heating light goes all night, 26 watt regular light for...light, but only during day
Substrate: ZooMed Repti Bark 100% fir, best for humidity loving animals (that is what it said on package)
Temps: 75 degrees in the area farthest from the lamp, probably need to work on keeping track of tempatures, huh?:( Humidity is 50, also
Size of Tank: Couldn't find the box, don't remember gallons,:( but on website the closest I could find was 36" L x 18" W x 24" H
Mojo: The pet shop said he was 2-3 when we got him, only had him for a few months, as for measuring :D, I am not sure how to correctly state that, where and how to measure, so on, but I think he's 4-5" from the base of his tail to the begining of his neck :tort:

Mojo's Mom

5 Year Member
Kansas
Oh yeah, at the pet store they gave us this freeze-dried fruit and bug mushy stuff to feed him along with his fresh veggies, but he doesn't quite like it any more after tasting the fresh stuff. Can't say I blame him. Yuck :tort:

Again, sorry for the repeat. Still getting used to this thing.:D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Mojo's Mom:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

What would you like us to call you?

Mojo's Mom

5 Year Member
Kansas
emysemys said:
Hi Mojo's Mom:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

What would you like us to call you?

I don't really care. I don't feel comfortable giving out my first name :(...but my last name is Wyatt.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Howdy Neighbor... well sorta :D I live about 4 miles away from Kansas in Nebraska. :D How are things with Mojo?

Mojo's Mom

5 Year Member
Kansas
Jacqui said:
Howdy Neighbor... well sorta :D I live about 4 miles away from Kansas in Nebraska. :D How are things with Mojo?

He's good. :tort:

Status
Not open for further replies.