Hi, thanks for having me.

Alpha752

Location (City and/or State)
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
I am Russ, I live in Ohio, United States. I just got my (presumably) make Russian Tortoise, Henry about a month ago. He is my first Tortoise, although I have been fascinated with them for years. He was a gift purchased from a pet store, so I am trying to learn to take the best care of him that I can, because I know they aren't well cared for when wild caught.

Thanks!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I am Russ, I live in Ohio, United States. I just got my (presumably) make Russian Tortoise, Henry about a month ago. He is my first Tortoise, although I have been fascinated with them for years. He was a gift purchased from a pet store, so I am trying to learn to take the best care of him that I can, because I know they aren't well cared for when wild caught.

Thanks!
Hi and welcome!

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
Welcome! I just got out of there! In Florida now. Breezy 75f right now. Loving it! You'll learn a bunch on this forum. First and foremost; your little buddy doesn't need a little buddy. They're solitary creatures. So many of us got two.... and then needed two enclosures.... :(
If the pet store talked you into a ramped water dish get rid of it. They're not good for tortoises. Tipping hazards. Terra Cotta planter pot saucers are really good sunk into substrate. You can't possibly read everything on this forum but have fun trying!