Hi there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksr3

5 Year Member
Hi everyone,

My name is Kristina and I live in Colfax, CA (an hour north of Sacramento) in the mountains. We live on a six acre farm an have a variety of animals.
Five years ago when we lived in the city, we found a three toed box turtle walking down the street. We tried to find his owners, but when no one came forward we decided to keep him.

We have had, Trip the turtle, for five years and he lives inside year round, hibernating every winter. We love him dearly.

Recently, we have decided we would like a Sulcata to add to our farm, so we are in the process of adopting one, which means we are building a year-round outdoor enclosure.

I decided to join this site, hoping to get the expertise of everyone here.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Kristina, and welcome to the Forum!

I think you're just going to enjoy the heck outta' your new sulcata when you get him. Are you adopting through a club/rescue?

Be sure to post some pictures for us when he arrives.

ksr3

5 Year Member
Yes, I am adopting him through a rescue. I should have him by the end of next week. I will post some pics and also some pics of the enclosure once I get it close to done, so I can get some feedback.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). I bet your boxie would like to have a summer house outside for the warm months too:). Congrats on getting a sully. Be sure any dogs you may have can not get to the sully. They really do not mix no matter how well trained your dog is.

ksr3

5 Year Member
I plan on a larger fence 5ft tall around the barrier just to make sure my dog and goats don't end up in the pen. I never thought of moving the turtle outside during the summer. He does get plenty of outside time because my seven year old totes him around and let's him play outside. That turtle is really his best friend.

hanzel

5 Year Member
welcome Kristina

Sent from my iPad using TortForum mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.