Hi! YF/RF Star & Sulcata owner from the UK!

Jess10ica

Location (City and/or State)
Uk
Hi!

I could do with any advice on yellowfoot hatchlings. Our little guys are just over a week old now and any Do's and Don'ts to ensure they are as healthy as possible!

Thanks

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome. Soak in warm water daily for 20-30 minutes. Be sure temps and humidity are correct. I believe they are kept the same as RF. @allegraf or @Anyfoot cant confirm
Be sure species aren't mixed

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Don't let them sit under a hot basking light because it will dry them out. Aim for an ambient temp throughout the enclosure
If you let your babies grow in a dry environment they will pyramid. This is why its advised soaking for babies, maintain humidity at 80%+. Don't let temps drop below 27c. Cold and humid will kill your babies. Spray your torts carapace a couple times a day too. Keep away from protein for first 6 months. Weeds/greens, flowers, mushroom and fruit should be the diet. Light on fruit though for babies. I would feed weeds and greens only for first month. Offer cuttlebone 24/7 in the enclosure.
When you do introduce protein try and stick with earthworms, slugs and woodlice if you can.

allegraf

10 Year Member!
@Anyfoot is your guy, he lives in the same country as you/general part of the world. He can best help with temps, humidity and general set up for what works best in your area of the world. They are very sensitive to their environment so try to keep temps and humidity constant.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Avery warm welcome to the forum, @Jess10ica .

Please post pics of your tort and his enclosure so as to enable us to give you advise/help you more easily.