Hibiscus seeds

Ash&Tort

Hey everyone,
I want to start growing some hibiscus for my little one. I was wondering if any type is safe or if there were only certain kinds? I'd prefer to order from amazon since I have a credit right now and get free shipping.

Can anyone recommend something for me to purchase?

Robertchrisroph

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ukiah Ca.

they all look gorgeous on amazon. I don't believe there is a bad one. @YvonneG

Yelloweyed

5 Year Member
SoCal California
According to the nursery that I frequent, the double petal hibiscus is a little more difficult to grow (especially if you have a brown thumb like me). I have several of single petal hibiscus and they bloom almost non-stop in Southern CA. I have one double petal hibiscus and it seems to only bloom one or two flowers at a time - could be just me though.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
What is your location? They grow like weeds here and I can tell you that the red, unfancy color are the ones that tortoises will most like. I have seven big bushes and four small ones.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
I hope you like coffee cause hibiscus love coffee grounds around the base of the plant

That's awesome thanks for that tip GT

OP. Torts like the bright colored ones. Mine grow like weeds here in Houston too. I planted 6 last year and I thought I lost all of them over the winter as the completely dried up and broke off at ground level. I was pleased to see all but one sprouting back up this spring. I'm going to add the coffee grounds to them now.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
I hope you like coffee cause hibiscus love coffee grounds around the base of the plant

That's awesome thanks for that tip GT

OP. Torts like the bright colored ones. I planted 6 last year and I thought I lost all of them over the winter as the completely dried up and broke off at ground level. I was pleased to see all but one sprouting back up this spring. I'm going to add the coffee grounds to them now.