Highs n lows.

Jodie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Spokane Valley WA
Lost a leopard baby last week. Only thing I can figure is since she was the 1st, the enclosure wasn't warm enough when put her in. I was concerned, because she wasn't gaining weight. She was active, eating and pooing though. Really kicking myself for not separating her. Tuesday evening she was stretching her neck n open mouth breathing. Wednesday morning she was gone. Stupid mistakes.
On the bright side, Scarlett is digging today. This is her 6th clutch this year. Also have a new pip this morning. The last of her 2nd clutch.
It so pleased me that I figured out the nesting area inside for her.
0117161230.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Sorry for the loss live and learn. Little ones can be more challenging.
Would love to know what you did for a indoor nesting area. Mine doesn't seem to like the one I made.

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
It is the basking area as well. I have an MVB and a regular bulb at the other end. This area is in high 80's. Her temp is mid 90's when under the lights. I add water to 2 plants I have buried in pots, but otherwise it is fairly dry. It is just coco Coir. It is approximately 5X3 feet 18-20 inches deep. Pretty hard to get pictures of, but here is what I can get.
IMG_20160117_135310.jpg
IMG_20160117_135328.jpg
IMG_20160117_135347.jpg
The poor host a in the empty looking pot. She does her best to kill it, and bury it. She can't go around it ya know. Has to go over it.