Hingeback enclosure - work in progress

16rash

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Cleveland, Ohio
building a bigger enclosure for home hingeback .it is still in progress but any advice/suggestion are welcome:)

IMG_3845.JPG

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I would use a plant saucer sunk down into the substrate instead of that plastic rectangular container.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Looks very pretty. Word of caution about plants, looks like you may have some diphenbahia in there. Those are toxic to animals

16rash

5 Year Member
Cleveland, Ohio
Hi Pearly, which plant are you referring to here ? the right corner of the enclosure or the plant near the hide(left side of the enclosure? or both?

16rash

5 Year Member
Cleveland, Ohio
I would use a plant saucer sunk down into the substrate instead of that plastic rectangular container.
Hi Yvonne, as advised by Anyfoot , i have used rectangular tray as hingeback loves to stay in water a lot.
She asked me go for cat litter but it was very deep so instead used this tray. appreciate your advise!

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Hi Yvonne, as advised by Anyfoot , i have used rectangular tray as hingeback loves to stay in water a lot.
She asked me go for cat litter but it was very deep so instead used this tray. appreciate your advise!
I use a plant saucer and a cat litter tray, what I should have said before was I have flat rocks in the cat litter tray so it's not too deep, the rocks also give grip. Saucer for just drinking and litter tray acts as a bath, they love soaking .