Hingebacks…

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I feel like we don’t see many hingebacks on here. Anyone else agree? Would love to see more of the species on here. It’s probably one of my favorites. Especially the speck’s hinge.
That's definitely one of the less common species I see for sale.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yes, totally agree.
Also the elongated, marginated and pancake, just to name a few that we used to see a little more often years ago then we do now.

OkAdiza

Tortoise Club
Virginia
There has been someone trying to rehome a pair of bells hingebacks around my area on craigslist. I am not as familiar with them, but found them very interesting.

TaylorTortoise

Abington
There has been someone trying to rehome a pair of bells hingebacks around my area on craigslist. I am not as familiar with them, but found them very interesting.
I saw one in person at the reptile show. It was amazingly beautiful. And I fell in love with him/her! Just not the fact that they were in those tiny containers all day for a show. Hopefully has a better home from the show.

PA2019

5 Year Member
Tucson, AZ
A large part of the issue is how few WC adults are actually surviving. Large shipments of hingebacks (belliana) have been coming in over the past year. Very few have had actual success keeping them alive.

WC Hingebacks are a very tough tortoise to acclimate, especially the belliana of late unfortunately :(

Kristielllen

Massachusetts
Well here’s a picture of my spekes hinge ( :

Attachments

• EF8D54DD-9E27-4458-8B6C-42B79F362909.jpeg
    EF8D54DD-9E27-4458-8B6C-42B79F362909.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 10