House

SKOLsuper

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Essex
Hi I need to build a new house for my big gav Sulcata in the uk is there anyone that could show me pictures of what sort of house he needs outside

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
I sure as soon as Tom reads this post, he will hook you up with a link with a design with pictures.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi I need to build a new house for my big gav Sulcata in the uk is there anyone that could show me pictures of what sort of house he needs outside
The sort of night house used in a warm Mediterranean climate like mine will not be enough for your cold climate. It works for me to protect them from cold nights and the occasional overcast rainy day in winter, but they are able to come out and walk around in the warm sun almost every day. Its just not warm enough in your climate for a sucalta to live outside for most of the year. How many days a year does the daytime high get over 27C?

SKOLsuper

5 Year Member
Essex
The sort of night house used in a warm Mediterranean climate like mine will not be enough for your cold climate. It works for me to protect them from cold nights and the occasional overcast rainy day in winter, but they are able to come out and walk around in the warm sun almost every day. Its just not warm enough in your climate for a sucalta to live outside for most of the year. How many days a year does the daytime high get over 27C?
Do you have pictures please

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Greetings. Here are a few pix of a nightbox I built a few years ago for our Sully. Keep in mind this was for INDOOR use so it does not have double walls (with insulation inbetween). But it might give you an idea on size & shape & design. A lot depends on your situation, where you will have it located, availability of wood/material, and how much you want to spend. I have two Radiant Heat Panels in the roof/ceiling & a Kane heat pad on the floor.

You could make this half as long if you wanted, but I just used the full length of the plywood sheets. In my case 8 ft.

The Basic Rectangle Box
D9834299-93BF-4164-A123-21583C8BC615.jpeg

Enclosure with Fitted Lid
060580A6-F710-488C-B2E8-A9E1214457F6.jpeg

Entrance to Enclosure

862AF76B-E6AA-44A3-A813-42ECE0E67A77.jpeg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Do you have pictures please
Here are two versions with two different heating methods:

SKOLsuper

5 Year Member
Essex
Greetings. Here are a few pix of a nightbox I built a few years ago for our Sully. Keep in mind this was for INDOOR use so it does not have double walls (with insulation inbetween). But it might give you an idea on size & shape & design. A lot depends on your situation, where you will have it located, availability of wood/material, and how much you want to spend. I have two Radiant Heat Panels in the roof/ceiling & a Kane heat pad on the floor.

You could make this half as long if you wanted, but I just used the full length of the plywood sheets. In my case 8 ft.

The Basic Rectangle Box
View attachment 344986

View attachment 344987

Entrance to Enclosure

View attachment 344988

SKOLsuper

5 Year Member
Essex

The Basic Rectangle Box
View attachment 344986

View attachment 344987

Entrance to Enclosure

That’s amazing I really appreciate that
That’s amazing I like that