Housing different species together outside?

Status
Not open for further replies.

playingeet

5 Year Member
Hey everyone,

I have a question that I feel I know the answer, but here goes; I read alot about housing different species together is very bad, (parasites and such). I have talked to the vet as well about this and he seemed to think here in Idaho where the weather gets cold and warm and freezes every year that I should be ok and not to worry. I asked him this because I have redfoots and a greek and at the time a Leopard tortoise all outside together in a very large area, (My side yard and part of my back yard). I bring them inside most nights because it still get cold at night almost year round and each species has a seperate tortoise table. And whenever I see local "reptile rescues" I have seen them all together. Has anyone had negative experiences because of this? Thanks.

playingeet

5 Year Member
And to add to this post, I have recently been asked if I wanted to take a 10" Desert Tortoise, and I would love to.

This summer I was going to start my search for a burmese mountain tortoise, when I get a little bit more set up outside. But if I should house every tortoise species seperate then I would have to limit how many different kinds I have.

Well obviously the Burmese and Desert have different environments, but how strict to keep them separate because of diseases

Eh ok, So after reading some similar threads I see my answer, should have read first

Status
Not open for further replies.