how about bladder stone? need help please..

cacongnyuk

Location (City and/or State)
makassar , south celebes ,indonesia
I saw my tortoise dirt like liquid limestone, i'm afraid that is symptoms of bladder stone..
Because in indonesia many experienced bladder stone which resulted in the death of tortoise...:(:( sorry if my english very not well

crimson_lotus

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Do you mean white poop? If so, it means your tortoise is well hydrated and its fine :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You only have to worry about it if it comes out hard and gritty. The consistency of liquid limestone is ok. Just be sure to soak your tortoise frequently and he shouldn't get stones.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Some sulcata pass urates every time they urinate, some don't. It really doesn't matter how often...what matters is the consistency. If it's creamy it's ok, but if it is hard and rocky, it's not ok...that's why you soak them daily.

WillTort2

5 Year Member
My Russians usually pass urine and urates first then the bowel movement. And sometimes just clear urine.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Sometimes alone and sometimes with urine or feces.

cacongnyuk

makassar , south celebes ,indonesia
I confuse, they don't want eat other than mustard...i give them hibiscus and carrot but they don't even touch it...i have 2 sulcata baby one of them exposed to cold maybe cause the weather...what should i do :'( it's my firs tortoise...please i need much learning and info

crimson_lotus

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Make sure your tortoise is well hydrated - soak her daily and always provide fresh water for him/her if you do not already.

I hope someone else with bladder stone experience can help you out more.

Robertchrisroph

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Ukiah Ca.
Hello cacongnyuk welcome, it sounds to me you have not read the care sheet for a sulcata. @Tom has wrote alot on this subject. you will please get lots of information from them. good luck. Wonderful day

Randi

Canada
I hate to post in here because this isn't about me but reading this thread has me a little confused. Am I supposed to be seeing white when my tort goes to the bathroom? I've never seen urates or white in anything that's come out of my tortoise. I read that if they are present, it's because of a diet rich in oxalates and that's not a very good thing? I just would like to know if not seeing them is a positive thing. Thanks. Sorry again for posting here but I saw a post referring to them being well hydrated if they pee white and now I'm confused.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Some species of turtle/tortoise don't have urates. Start your own thread and let's talk about it there.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Every time they urinated..yes it's hard and rocky :(

If your tortoise's urates is hard and rocky, then he's dehydrated. Try feeding him wet foods for a while in addition to soaking him for 15 minutes every day.