How 'bout some pics of your giants...

Status
Not open for further replies.

floridajake

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Who has the biggest sulcata? Let's get some pics of your big guys, preferably with someone next to them for scale. The guy I adopted my male from also had a 150 pounder that had to be at least 2-1/2 feet long. I wish I had taken a pic. He looked like some of the smaller galaps and aldabrans I have seen in zoos.

floridajake

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
OK, I'll get it started. I know for a fact there are some much bigger guys out there. This is my 7 year old sulcata who I adopted about 5 months ago, and my 6 year old son.
11vkttx.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I like the idea of having the pictures here under this subject title. But you'll have to wait for mine. I live alone and have to wait for someone to come over so I can get a picture with the tortoise next to a person. But I will...I promise!!

Yvonne

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
maggie3fan said:
I didn't know that there was rules...it says post a picture of your giant...so I did...that's Bob doesn't he look giant to you???

Yes, indeed he does look like a giant. Someone up there in Corvallis must have been playing "tip the giant!"

Yvonne

M

Maggie Cummings

emysemys said:
maggie3fan said:
I didn't know that there was rules...it says post a picture of your giant...so I did...that's Bob doesn't he look giant to you???

Yes, indeed he does look like a giant. Someone up there in Corvallis must have been playing "tip the giant!"

Yvonne

Yeah, I couldn't figure how to tip him back...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
aluras said:
This is Tibbs, What a monster.

This statement will be very true in 10 or 15 more years! It doesn't take very long to get super-sized.

Yvonne

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I am not sure if my girl Ella counts as a giant quite yet, but she will get there soon I think with the warmer temps and good food :) I can tell by picking them up that they have put on a lot of weight.

2008_12070006.jpg

I wear a size US 8 1/2 shoe :)

Kristina

floridajake

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Now we're talkin'. Thanks for moving this over to the photo section, wasn't much going on over in sulcata central. Keep the photos coming.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Ok, it took me a while, but I finally have a couple pictures for this "giant" category. This is Maggie, my sister, and Dudley. He weighed 98lbs about 2 years ago and I haven't weighed him since.

DudleyandMaggie.jpg

And this is Maggie in the Aldabran shed with SO, the smaller one, on the right, and BO, the bigger one on the left. I have no idea, but I THINK they weigh as much as Dudley due to their size.

AldabransandMaggie.jpg

Yvonne

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
aluras said:
This is Tibbs, What a monster.
dscn0909-1.jpg

Ohhhhhhhh! That is the cutest how old is he/she?

Candy:

emysemys said:
Ok, it took me a while, but I finally have a couple pictures for this "giant" category. This is Maggie, my sister, and Dudley. He weighed 98lbs about 2 years ago and I haven't weighed him since.

DudleyandMaggie.jpg

And this is Maggie in the Aldabran shed with SO, the smaller one, on the right, and BO, the bigger one on the left. I have no idea, but I THINK they weigh as much as Dudley due to their size.

AldabransandMaggie.jpg

Yvonne

Yvonne I was just wondering where is Clovis CA? I live in Alhambra CA and have lived in CA all my life and I can't say that I've ever heard of Clovis. Your Sulcata is wonderful by the way.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Clovis is butted up against the east side of Fresno, right in the middle of the San Joaquin Valley!

Yvonne

galvinkaos

5 Year Member
Temple City, Ca
Yvonne, is Maggie camera shy or just the tortoises? We can't see either of their faces. Oops except the tort in the 1st pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.